find what you've been looking for

find what you've been looking for

Thursday, April 24, 2014

No one has it all figured out.

Honestly this is the point of this blog...

I'm not here to say "I know the answer" more importantly i'm not trying to prove that "your answer is wrong" I'm just documenting what I believe. right now. today at this point in time. subject to growth and change because one thing I am pretty sure of is that the point of Christianity is to strive towards becoming something pleasing to God.  I basically Plan to discuss all things religion/church/church people/church politics annoying, good, bad, beautiful, sickening, agreeable, all of it. The point is to call it how I see it without the filter of seeking acceptance.

BASICALLY THIS IS WHERE I'M COMING FROM...

While I believe 100% in THE BIBLE (i don't always agree with it) and that the The Bible is always TRUE AND GOOD AND CONSISTENT. I also believe that people are not, and our interpretations of The Bible are always subject to our imperfections.That although we think we understand what God is telling us through The Bible, it is an asinine assumption, in my opinion equivocal with that of Satan esteeming himself as high as the Lord, to suggest that we can understand EVERYTHING about The Bible. Don't get me wrong we should strive for understanding, but if after thousands of years and hundreds of denominations, we have taken The Bible and made it about fitting into how we feel, what we understand, and what our denomination/theology teaches rather than making it about IDK, actually doing something for God. I believe that as we grow our interpretations should grow and change and morph into something that is ultimately for the purpose of either pleasing and exalting Christ. Anymore than that is to put God into a bubble that I am comfortable and honestly, I'm not okay with worshiping an all powerful all knowing God that is trapped in a bubble that my mind created. I don't mean to say that God cant reveal all the truth of the bible to everyone or one denomination. I'm just saying I don't think we are capable of boxing God into what we have interpreted. I believe that only God can judge because there is an exception to every sin. whether it be circumstance or the blood of Jesus. 

 I believe we are so caught up on being right about what it says that we don't do what it says. I believe the Bible is relative in the sense that it was intended for man and since we are all created differently each individual will thrive and struggle with different aspect of The Bible, and that we will disagree about the true meaning and intentions of scripture until God returns and reveals to us his Pure Will. The point isn't to have supreme knowledge and understanding the point is to open ourselves to searching for Gods guidance and doing what it is God ask of us when we entertain his word, and when we seek his counsel.


What I really believe is that Christianity is not a check list  one-size-fits-all because we are all tools in Christ work I believe that God uses us differently and in different denominations all to prove his purpose not ours. There are concrete truths and standards for everyone but since we can't see motive and everything is subject to circumstance all judgement is for God.



No comments:

Post a Comment